Community riders were very important to Megan and Chris Horner’s racing success. They were mentors to them. They helped with various things such as going on group rides, carpooling to races, making sure they had what they needed, helped encourage so they felt like they had a built-in fan club. That is the environment that we want to create with our junior team. Community club members who join the Horner Cycling Foundation will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to ride with Chris Horner on a weekly basis and ride with the juniors and Chris once the team has been formed.
- Opportunity to take advantage of the Horner Cycling Foundation sponsor discounts.
- Opportunity to purchase a HCF Castelli Kit at a great discount.
- Receive online newsletters about the team and other HCF business. All community club members will be recognized in the newsletter.
- Community club members will be recognized on the Horner Cycling Foundation Sponsorship Page
Select road footage of juniors and masters men and women training together will be aired on one of Chris’s YouTube channels.
All members to receive a Horner Cycling Foundation t-shirt.
The target group of juniors is low-income families from diverse backgrounds. The community club member’s annual membership fee will subsidize the program. The juniors do not pay for anything except a $25 a year membership. We don’t want them to worry about gear, race fees, etc. We just want them to enjoy the experience of being on a team with Chris Horner and hopefully develop a life-long love of cycling.